Please keep in mind while applying to the Lodz Film School all the courses are taught in Polish. The minimum language requirement for exchange students is level B1.
For academic year 2021/22 we will also accept English speaking students for the following courses:
* Animation Films and Film Special Effects
* Still Photography
We do not accept exchange students for Screenwriting course.
Despite the uncertain situation caused by the epidemic related to the COVID-19 virus outbreak we are accepting international students mobilities and we hope we will be able to hold regular classes in our Institution in forthcoming semester. However, in light of fast-changing restrictions you must carefully consider the situation and potential risks, be prepared for any possible changes or impediments (travel restrictions, online classes, COVID-19 test obligations etc.) and decide if you wish to participate in the mobility. Holders of EU digital COVID certificate (EUDCC) are allowed to enter Poland without being subject to further restrictions (testing or quarantine), at the condition that their certificate contains either:
* Proof of full vaccination (14 days after)
* Proof of recovery from COVID-19 (max. 6 months after)
* Negative COVID-19 test result (48 hours)
Travel restrictions, health and safety updates can be found here
ACADEMIC CALENDAR 2021/2022
Academic year starts 1.10.2021
Courses start: 05.10.2021
Courses end: 30.01.2022
Examination period: 31.01 - 06.02.2022
Courses start: 14.02.2022
Courses end: 12.06.2022
Examination period: 13.06 - 30.06.2022
APPLICATION AND RECOGNITION PROCEDURE
for winter semester: 31 May 2022
for summer semester: 30 November 2022
Application must include:
- Learning Agreement
- Application form (approved by home institution)
- Portfolio: a file or a link.
APPLICATION STEP BY STEP
1. Check if your university has an inter-institutional agreement signed with Lodz Film School.
2. If yes, you need to succeed in the selection procedure at your home university and be nominated by your Erasmus Coordinator.
3. You or your Coordinator must send by email the Application form along with the Learning agreement and portfolio (with links) to the relevant Coordinator (see list below). By sending the application documents applicant confirms that he/she knows and understands the exchange programme regulations.
4. If all above mentioned documents reach us on time and you will succeed in the selection procedure, the PWSFTviT ‘s International Office will send you and your Coordinator an acceptance e-mail.
Please note that PWSFTviT reserves the right to reject proposed students based on incorrect submission of required documents (form and deadline), standard of portfolio and availability of places.
As an incoming student you should choose courses within one department. Depending on your language level you will be able to choose more classes - information about language required level is always written in the catalogue. Studying in Acting Department is possible only for Polish speaking students (minimum level B1). If you have any questions related to the educational offer, please contact relevant Department Coordinator
DEPARTURE INFORMATION - BEFORE YOU GO BACK HOME
1. Inform the International Office about the day of your departure in advance (at least 3 weeks earlier) so your documents can be prepared before you leave if possible.
2. Deliver the following documents to the International Office:
- Student Clearance Slip
- Exams Results Slip (issued by the Dean's Office)
The final documents (Transcrip of Records) will contain the information about the passed courses, local marks and number of ECTS points together with the grade distribution table.